Monday, October 18, 2010

So..

I have been really bad at blogging....I keep telling myself to update but then something else pops up and I don't get around to it. But here we are! This is the fourth week at Capernwray, and I am absolutely loving it. I guess I'll start out by giving the daily schedule:
At the moment I have two roommates, Stacey and Janelle. We usually roll out of bed at around 7 and make it to breakfast at 7:30. After that some students have daily duties, but since mine is in the afternoon I sit either in the lounge or in my room and read. At 8:55 we start lectures, which we have all morning with a few short breaks and a twenty minute coffee break halfway through the morning...which is when I have my daily hot chocolate. After the final morning lecture we have lunch which is called supper here, and then I do my daily duty which for the next three weeks is setting up for tea after lunch! After that we have the afternoon off until tea. This time is meant for our reading and homework, and I also just like hanging around the castle or walking around the loop. At 5:15 we have tea, and then at 7:00 we have lectures until 8:50. After our final lecture we have the rest of the night off, and my roommates and I usually go to bed at around 11:30.
The lectures have all for the most part been very interesting. We've had lectures on prayer, 'transforming friendship', intro to the Bible, student life, leading interactive groups, outreach/ministry, worship, getting the best out of Bible school, personal testimony, Hebrews, personal evangelism, evangelism, managing yourself (time management..), and Ecclesiastes!
I will try to update my blog more...especially since the internet has gotten faster since the first couple of weeks here!

best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment