Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Story of the day.

This past week I've been busy writing essays and doing some reading. Since we had two essays due today, I had a much needed walk with my friend Alaina, whom I hadn't taken a walk with all week which isn't normal for us =]
It was after lectures at around 9 p.m. and it was pitch black outside. It was a great walk and we were enjoying the beautiful mist and warm weather. Once we got onto the main road after the loop, we were walking past the large fields going back to school. As we are approaching a fork in the road I noticed a car that was driving slowly with a really bright light. I didn't think anything of it until it turned down the road towards us and started driving up to us rather slow (which isn't normal for england backroads). Something else not normal was that there was someone with a search light flashing it across the fields, the roads, and then us. Alaina and I started to feel rather scared and I had the sudden thought we were going to be kidnapped...The car was still coming towards us slowly and shining both its brights and the search light on us, so we were being blinded. Thankfully, it drove past us without talking to us..but that probably means it wasn't a cop since it didn't tell us to go back to school or see if we were lost..After it drove past us it stopped and I was sure they were going to get out of the car. Thankfully they just kept driving. It was a great bonding moment...and I didn't get taken in a different country..
Therefore...I will not be walking down the main road at night again...
Other than that adventure, life here is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment