Tuesday, January 4, 2011

LONDON BABY!

Post from yesterday:
I am currently blogging from a train somewhere by the coast of England. We left Paris early this morning and took the metro to the train station. Then we took a nice ferry to England, and now we’re headed to London. The ferry was as nice as cruise ships I have seen pictures of. There was a nice coffee shop, bar, shops and other lounges, and a nice deck which we spent some time on.
I spent most of the time in the coffee shop since we don’t get to do that at school. I had a great time in Paris, but I am excited to be back in London. We don’t have any big plans except for Maddie and I seeing Wicked and Deathtrap. We are here until Saturday when we get picked up by the coach to go back to school.
Today:
We made it to our hostel last night and we were all exhausted from traveling all day. We ate a dinner at an italian restaurant and then we went to bed pretty shortly after that.
I woke up early this morning, but Maddie and Matt slept in later. I finished a 13 Little Blue Envelopes, which is a great book I've been reading while traveling across Europe. It is the perfect traveling book.
We eventually made it out of our hostel for a brunch at Starbucks. Then we bought some Oyster cards for using the tube, and we went to Parliament and Big Ben and the normal tourist spots in that area. We then met another person from school at Westminster Cathedral, and we then walked to Buckingham Palace and then walked through Hyde Park back to our hostel and to get some food. Now we are sitting in Starbucks using the internet since our hostel doesn't have any. So I will not be blogging as much this week, but I go back to school on Saturday (we are all excitedly counting down) and then I will definitely get on and blog if I'm not able to get on this week.
Tomorrow Maddie and I are seeing Wicked in the afternoon and then we are meeting another person from school.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment