Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day one

I am currently sitting in our very small, one room flat in Paris.
Today has been such an adventure! I woke up early this morning and went to the airport. This was my first time ever flying by myself, and I really liked it! I also had my first ever pat down at airport security today. That was fun. While waiting for my flight to board, I sat in Costa Coffee and wrote. The flight to Paris was uneventful, except for the power going out before we took off..woops. The flight was quite short, and I think I spent longer sitting in the airport figuring out how to get to my flat than I did on the plane.
I eventually figured out that I would need to take a bus from CDG airport to L'Opera de Paris. Once I was off that bus, I realized I was completely lost. I wandered around for over an hour trying to figure out a way to the flat, to no avail. I had fun looking at shops and people and buildings, but it started to rain and I had my luggage with me. I then took a taxi to the flat, and I'm glad I did. I was pretty far away from where I was supposed to be. But I saw some of the famous buildings and bridges while I was in the taxi. And thankfully, I made it safely to the flat. I will definitely be posting pictures sometime soon.

We are still waiting for Maddie to get here. Her flight got in awhile ago but we haven't been able to reach her..

No comments:

Post a Comment